You are here

[Construction Workers Lined Up inside Shea Stadium Construction]

Collection: Collection on the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair
Date: 1963 Material: height: 4 x width: 5 inches
Creator: unknown Identifier: aql:1187 2011.23.17WF64 QMOA

Description: Construction workers lined up in middle of construction site of Shea Stadium. Shea Stadium was built adjacent to the World's Fair grounds and debuted on April 17, 1964, just five days before the opening of the Fair.

Collection : aql:5839; vital:1

Creator : unknown

Date : 1963

Summary/Description : Construction workers lined up in middle of construction site of Shea Stadium. Shea Stadium was built adjacent to the World's Fair grounds and debuted on April 17, 1964, just five days before the opening of the Fair.

Subject : Trucks; Coffee; Food; Building; Construction workers; New York World's Fair (1964-1965 : New York, N.Y.); Shea Stadium (New York, N.Y.); Flushing Bay Area

Rights : This object is part of the collection of the Queens Museum, and was cataloged with the generous support of the Council on Libraries and Information Resources (CLIR) as part of a Cataloging Hidden and Special Collections and Archives grant project, in collaboration with the Museum of the City of New York and Queens Library. These objects cannot be accessed at the Queens Library. Please contact info@queensmuseum.org in order to learn more about the object or to access it.

Coverage : Queens (New York, N.Y.) Flushing Meadows-Corona Park (New York, N.Y.)

Type : negatives (photographic)

Format : height: 4 x width: 5 inches

Identifier : aql:1187 2011.23.17WF64 QMOA

Related Items

Subject:
Trucks; Coffee; Food; Building; Construction workers; New York World's Fair (1964-1965 : New York, N.Y.); Shea Stadium (New York, N.Y.); Flushing Bay Area
Rights Notice
This object is part of the collection of the Queens Museum, and was cataloged with the generous support of the Council on Libraries and Information Resources (CLIR) as part of a Cataloging Hidden and Special Collections and Archives grant project, in collaboration with the Museum of the City of New York and Queens Library. These objects cannot be accessed at the Queens Library. Please contact info@queensmuseum.org in order to learn more about the object or to access it.


Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <br>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.