Flushing Civil War Monument
Collection: This image is from the Jacob F. Wieners, Jr. Photographs and is depicted in a glass plate negative, polyester negative, print, and digital image.; Image is part of the Jacob F. Wieners Photographs
Description: The monument stands opposite the old Flushing Town Hall on what was Bridge Street (now Northern Boulevard.) It was erected in 1865 by the Grand Army of the Republic, and the inscription reads, "Erected in memory of the Patriotic Volunteers from Flushing who sacrificed their lives in the War for the preservation of our Union 1861-1865." The names of the dead are inscribed on the remaining three sides.
Soldiers' monuments; War memorials
Copyright holder unknown