Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Jackson Mill - Site of the old Jacksons Grist Mill (aka Jackson Tide Mill) on the east side of Bowery Bay Road (94th St.) at North Beach at the Bridge. The stones and boats are on the site of the mill. Cornelius Luyster laid the foundation for the Mill in 1668. It had a succession of owners and was called: Kip’s Mill, Fish’s Mill and Jackson Mill. The latter was in memory of its last owner, Samuel Jackson. The mill operated until 1870, and was still standing in 1881.
Dwellings; Water mills