Newtown - Alburtis House on the South Side of Borden Avenue
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Alburtis House - Located on the south side of Borden Avenue (aka Newtown Ave., now under Queens Midtown Expressway) east of 50th Street. John Alburtis bought the land in 1682 and his family had it for over a century, John Pebbles owned 1852, Miss Pebbles 1860, Edwards owned 1891; Calvary Cemetery owned in 1923 and it was occupied by McGinnis then. The house was razed in 1927, and in the 1950’s the yard was used for Third Calvary Cemetery maintenance buildings. Photograph taken March 1923.