Newtown - Capt. Luke Remsen House - Flushing Meadows-Corona Park
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Capt. Luke Remsen House - Later owned by Ascan Backus around 1850. Front and east side of the house on the lane leading from Old Mill Rd. (at Colonial Ave. and 62nd Drive). The house was in a very isolated spot on the Meadows on the south side of 65th Rd. and east of 112nd St. According to Armbruster, in 1922 Della Corte (De La Corte) owned. Luke Remsen (1749-1839) was the Son of Abraham Remsen. The house was gone by 1927.
Public domain; Contact email@example.com for research and reproduction requests.