Newtown - Coe's House (aka Coe's Mill, aka Titus House) - Corona
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Coe's House (aka Coe's Mill, aka Titus House) - Foundations of the house on west side of Colonial Ave. (formerly North Hempstead Turnpike, aka Old Mill Rd.) between Waldron St. and Van Doren St. The house was built in 1655. The Coe Family lived here and operated mill until just before the Revolution. The house was demolished for the construction of Horace Harding Blvd. in 1930, and this whole area is now covered by the Long Island Expressway. Photo taken Oct. 11, 1930.
Foundations; Ruined buildings
Public domain; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for research and reproduction requests.