Newtown - Jarvis Jackson House and Barn - Forest Hills
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Jarvis Jackson House and Barn - Located on the north side of 66th Road, slightly west of 110th St. the house was built circa 1820. Wagon path in front of buildings is Jacksons Lane, the access road from Old Astoria Road (was about on line of 100th St.), which connected with Old Mill Rd. in the north and the current Queens Blvd. in south. Jarvis was a N.Y. Assemblyman 1835-37. Ascan Backus later owned this property.
Dwellings; Farm buildings
Public domain; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for research and reproduction requests.