Newtown - Jeromus Vanderveer House - Forest Hills
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Jeromus Vanderveer House - old residence (aka Weeden House). North side of Metropolitan Ave. 50 feet west of 70th Ave. In the distance is the Col. Hunt House. The Vanderveer's owned this house, but lived in a new house built in 1850 on south side of Metropolitan Ave. The Weeden's occupied this house as tenets in 1873 - 1923. Charles Vanderveer farmed here for some years before moving to Hollis. The Vanderveer's had about 96 Acres in the Forest Hills-Middle Village-Glendale Area. Photo taken Oct. 1923.
Public domain; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for research and reproduction requests.