Newtown - Ludlow House & Durkee Plant - Elmhurst
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Ludlow House & Durkee Plant - On the north side of Corona Ave. between Toledo St. (92nd St.) and Gay St. (93rd St.). The house was built in 1780 by Samuel Fish of Newtown Village, then owned by W. Card in 1860, and later Isaac C. Card. It also served as the Methodist Parsonage. The last owner was John R. Ludlow, who married Catalina Ditmars Riker. The house was partly burned with ruins standing as late as June 1930, it was demolished by October 1930. Durkee spice plant to the rear.
Public domain; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for research and reproduction requests.