Newtown - Ludlow House & Durkee Plant - Elmhurst
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Ludlow House & Durkee Plant - On the north side of Corona Ave. between Toledo St. (92nd St.) and Gay St. (93rd St.). Ludlow House was built by Samuel Fish of Newtown Village on the Commons Tract in 1780, then owned by W. Card in 1860, and later by Isaac C. Card. It was partly burned, with ruins standing June 1930, and was demolished by October 1930. The large industrial building behind is the Durkee Plant (Spices).
Public domain; Contact email@example.com for research and reproduction requests.