Newtown - Moore House - Elmhurst
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Moore House - Now the Moore Homestead Playground in a smaller footprint. It was located on the west side of Broadway, opposite Vietor Ave. between 80th St. and Laurel Hill Blvd. (Now 45th Avenue). As late as the 1920's, it was on 5 1/2 acre plot, the house was removed for subway construction in 1930. Capt. Samuel Moore built the center section of the homestead in 1666, Benjamin Moore enlarged it in 1710, and the remainder was built in 1760 by Lt. Samuel Moore. O.H. Perry (descendent of the Moore's) owned in 1891, the Perry family still lived there in the 1920's. This view is from 45 Ave. looking north. Photo taken May 1923.
Dwellings; Farm buildings
Public domain; Contact email@example.com for research and reproduction requests.