Newtown - Moore House - Elmhurst
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Moore House - View from 45th Ave. looking towards Broadway and Vietor Ave. The house was torn down in 1930 for subway construction. The oldest section of the house dated to 1666, and the newest 1760. Owned by John J. Moore 1852, John Perry 1867, O.H. Perry 1891 (descendent of the Moore's), the Perry family owned the property into the 1920's. It is the now Moore Homestead Playground in a smaller footprint.
Dwellings; Farm buildings
Public domain; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for research and reproduction requests.