Newtown - Wallace's Ridgewood Park Baseball Grounds - Ridgewood
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Wallace's Ridgewood Park Baseball Grounds - Grandstand of Ridgewood Baseball Grounds. The ball grounds opened in 1885 by W.W. Wallace, and were bounded by Eldert and Hancock Streets, Irving Ave. to Manhattan Beach Railroad (LIRR). In 1889 Halsey St. was cut through the grounds. The railroad station at Halsey St. was used as a coal yard office in 1922.
Baseball fields; Baseball
Public domain; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for research and reproduction requests.