Newtown - Elk Park Hotel - Ridgewood
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Elk Park Hotel - Corner Wyckoff Ave. and Halsey St. Christian Homeyer built this building in 1898, it was later owned by his son John Homeyer. It was burned in a fire April 1930 while being used as warehouse for the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. (A&P), the ruins were razed June 1930. The site became Wyckoff Miniature Golf Course - now a hotel stands there. In the photo a cloth sign outside the hotel advertises Felix Spinner Social Club Woods Party on July 30.
Buildings; Bars (Drinking establishments)
Public domain; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for research and reproduction requests.