Newtown - Old Debevoise House - Forest Hills
Collection: Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs
Description: Old Debevoise House - (aka Charles Stehling House ) View of rear wing of the J. Debevoise House NE corner of Metropolitan Ave. and 71st Ave., on its second site. It was moved here about 1890 from the NE corner of Metropolitan Ave. and 72dn Ave. Owned by A. Hegeman 1852, Mrs. Hendrickson 1860 - 1873, and Debevoise circa 1890 and after. John Boss occupied the house in 1922. Note small outhouse at far left. The house was torn down in 1924.
Public domain; Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for research and reproduction requests.